Watch Out 2020

Before I even start this post, I want to say how hard 2020 is to type...not because it's the change of the year but because the right hang pinkie that taps the "0" key hasn't memorized that upper reach in a repeat. I find that I type 202 and forget the second "0"...silly pinkie finger.

Okay, so my Watch Out 2020 title to this post doesn't mean that I've come up with a long list of New Year's Resolutions that we all know will fall to the wayside by the end of the month, but what it does mean is that I am changing some lifestyle habits and am bringing y'all along with me.

2020 is the year that I turn 60..yep the BIG 60...that 60. I'm not one to freak out about aging, and this one I decided to embrace.

When I closed Kelly Ann's Quilting, I had made all kinds of plans to get in shape, to learn how to paddleboard with my friend, Leslee, and to just feel healthy. Well...here we are almost a year later, nope, I didn't get in shape, and we never got on a paddleboard or rented a kyack. I've always loved the idea of doing these things, but to actually get out and do them, something always came up, and I pushed those thoughts out of my head and moved on to another task. In December it hit me...
http://clipart-library.com/

The lightbulb went off...I needed to stop putting those things off and just do them before putting another task ahead of them. 

So my first thing to do was put it out there...So if you follow me on Instagram, you know that I've been posting my daily walking selfies. Andrew and I try and take a New Years Day walk, we really like to go to a local state forest and walk the trails with the dogs but this year was too muddy, so we went to town and walked the WARF - Warrenton Aquatic Recreational Facility - and we found some LOVE along the way

My daily goal is simple, to walk every day for a minimum of 20 minutes, and by posting on IG, I feel like my peeps are walking with me. 

I cook pretty healthily, but we like our snacks, and most of those snacks are loaded in carbs, so my foodie goal for 2020 was to have more balance in our eating. Cookies can happen, so can cocktails, and pasta and bread but not all the time and not at every meal. I've always posted food pictures on IG, but now I include the recipe, another little change. 

So now the "Watch Out 2020" makes sense...watch out cause some changes are coming...LOL

Lots of my friends on FB are posting their WORD for 2020, and I didn't pick a word, it picked me...BALANCE.

So now that I've put all of this down for the world to see, I have a lot of accountability partners. 

So...what kind of BALANCE are you bringing to your life in 2020
       what kind of change are you bringing to your life in 2020
       what kind of challenge will you face head-on in 2020

Thank you to everyone that is still following along on my blog and as always...

Until Next Time
Be Kind




Comments

Post a Comment