A Dream

Warning...this blog post may cause some tears, but believe me, that are happy ones.

I had a dream last night, and my father was in it. Now for those of you that don't know, I lost my father in 2013, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. I'm sure I've had dreams about him, but they never seemed real...this one was real.

Let me set the dream up for you...

I was back in my hometown, Havelock North Carolina, and shopping for some type of necklace, and I hear a voice behind me "not that one, pick the blue one"... I turn around, and there was my father, I started screaming and crying, screams, and tears of joy because there was my father in the flesh. We had a nice long hug, and I asked where he had been because I knew he hadn't been around for almost a full 7 years. It seems that he had been pulled for a special mission with the government and couldn't tell any of us, including my mom. Now, speaking of my mother, she doesn't come into the dream till my father and I have had a nice long visit and catching up, so much to tell him about the last 7 years, those that we had lost and changes in our lives. This whole dream took place in the store I was shopping in till we walked out the door to find my mother, and this is where the dream kind of starts going off the rails, as most dreams do. We started walking through a field, towards an old pickup truck, I saw my old golden, Stella Bear Dog laying under a tree and our old Zele girl off in the field. I hopped up into the truck to turn the key, and it wouldn't start. So out of the truck and we start walking, still to get to my mother, and we came across an old flower market. As I'm looking down on the ground, I'm noticing all of the dried flowers and leaves, and the landscape is changing, and my father is walking in a different direction...I shout out for him to come with me....before I can finish the dream I'm woken up with a tap on the nose by a certain kitty that wants his breakfast.

I so wanted to go back and finish the dream...the dream felt so real that I when I pushed the cobwebs out of my head and fully woke it was with a smile because you see...I got to see my father. And while I can't physically hug him, I know that he is in my heart, and that dream was him coming back to me to let me know that he is still with me.





I will continue to celebrate the life my father led and not dwell on us losing him...I will continue to be the woman my father raised me to be...I will continue to be true to me.

Until Next Time
Be Kind




Comments