Sunday Morning on the Back Porch

I was enjoying my first cup of coffee this morning on the back porch, the pups were playing tug on a chew, the kitties exploring, birds chirping when suddenly it sounded like a small car was in my backyard. I was thinking what the heck, even Bodhi was thinking, what the heck.

After figuring out where the noise was coming from, the sky, Bodhi and I looked upward, and it was a low flying moped with a canopy...okay maybe it was an ultra-light plane, but it sounded like a moped in the sky.
Ultralight image courtesy Pixabay
I really shattered the morning quietness. My friend, Janet, formally of the Empty Nest in Old Town Warrenton and now Janet Metzger, Artist often talked about them flying around her property and pretty much said the same thing, they are loud and obnoxious. 

I can still hear him in the distance, but I can now also hear the crows cawing, the bluejays squawking, the chirp of the cardinals and the swish/buzzing of the hummingbirds...and yes the crickets and cicadas are still having a loud party. 

I think it's almost time for breakfast...how about some fresh bacon and tomatoes on a bagel?

Until Next Time
Be Kind




Comments

  1. I love the sounds of nature from the pond across the street. Sometimes I go out to sit on my porch and enjoy those sounds, get settled in with my notebook, making plans, enjoying an iced tea........and then somebody revs up their lawn tractor and poof! the quiet is gone! Your breakfast looked so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment