Sleepy Musings

Let me get this out of the way and say that I LOVE sleep...there is nothing better than waking up without an alarm clock so you can imagine how excited I was when I closed the shop and knew that I didn't have to get up and get going early in the morning.

Well...after welcoming Jack the Cat and Harper Lee into the house my sleeping in was not to be had. Jack really is the culprit here, he starts pawing me between 4 and 5 am...and by pawing I mean with this claws out. I've tried gently taking him off the bed, telling him, NO, moving him away from my face, nothing works till I get frustrated and give him a shove off the bed...this works for about 45 minutes till he comes back. I'm still working on training the kitties with the word NO, everyone says squirting them with water but when one of you kitties likes to lay in a sink and doesn't mind if you turn on the water, not sure that will work. So if you have any ideas, bring them on.

Anyway, back to me and my love of sleep. We'll be welcoming Symon Sez home in a few days, so I know that will throw off my sleeping in, and I'll be okay with that because yesterday a news story was released that said: "napping was good for your health" and then I found this on WebMD.

Napping isn’t just for babies. Studies show that an afternoon nap is great for adults, too. There’s no need to feel lazy for indulging in daytime sleep. A short nap in the mid-afternoon can boost memory, improve job performance, lift your mood, make you more alert, and ease stress. Cozy up to these nap benefits.

Maybe I just need to change my mindset and get up early and take naps in the afternoon, what do ya think?

Until Next Time
Be Kind


Comments