Sunflowers and Selfies

A visit to Burnside Farms to visit their sunflower fields has been on my calendar since last year. You see while running the shop I never took the time to stop and smell the flowers and I was determined that would change once I had closed and wrapped things up.

Leslee and I have been rescheduling this visit and it was time to hit the road. I didn't know what to expect because I've only seen fields of sunflowers, all the same size, all planted at the same time. What we found was a huge field that had been segmented off with each segment planted at a different time so they could have sunflowers throughout summer into fall. I know we both were expecting to see more of the GIANT flowers and more variety of colors, but they only had one segment of the giant flowers and we only saw a few that weren't the traditional yellow with dark centers. But we weren't disappointed with the flowers we saw and we enjoyed our time walking around the flowers.



















Thanks for walking through the sunflower fields with us.

Until Next Time
Be Kind


Comments

Post a Comment