Friday Musings

Another early morning wake up for me...this morning it was all Jack the Cat. If at any point in the early morning, I roll over or move that is an invitation for Jack the Cat to pounce or paw my face. I'm loving having the kitties, but I can't wait till they grow out of the "kitten" stage.

Yesterday was a non-stop day from my early morning wake up till hitting the hay at 11.



I did manage to open and spread 17 bags of mulch...two pallets left and while it sounds like a lot the end results is well worth it.






I also had some help out in the yard...

But I'm not sure grabbing empty mulch bags and running through the yard really qualifies him for the job.

After a run through the shower, I headed to Culpeper for some retail therapy and lunch with a friend. The lunch was successful but shopping not so much, why is it so hard to find cute summer tops in July? I spent 14 years in retail, and I get that you need to move on to the next season when the product arrives, but for those of us that live in the season, we still need to shop.

After a quick dinner and watching the Washington Nationals lose to the Rockies, I had a nice chat with my mother on the phone and Andrew came home from his SciFi night out with Neal, a quick catch up on our day and it was bedtime.

Another busy day on tap. Get the orders processed and hit the road to travel into Northern Virginia to see the Sacred Threads Quilt Exhibit with Leslee and Sue. I'll be coming home and hitting the studio to finish up the details on two projects that need to be wrapped up and wool cut, so I have a few projects for our upcoming road trip.

Until Next Time
Be Kind




Comments