Rain Rain Go Away

As of yesterday at 6:26am the record of 61.33 inches of rain, set in 1889, was broken, 2018 will now go down to the rainiest year in history...let me tell you, folks, this is one record I am not happy to see broken.

You see...I have an issue with gray cloudy skies...gray skies make me moody and a little crabby, and it's hard for me to stay upbeat and happy. People talk about liquid sunshine, but the reality is it's mud mud mud around my house, with two large dogs and almost zero grass left in the yard we have large mud puddles for Bodhi Boy to run and jump in.

I have one week to get my baking done, and my sour cream pound cakes do not like to be baked in the rain...so today I'll start making cookies, mostly for Andrew to take to work and a few for the house.

Here is what is on the baking menu for today

Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies

Grandma's Molasses Cookies 

Vanilla Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

Off to gather the ingredients, I'll check back later with updates on how far along I get on my cookie list.

Until Next Time
Be Kind




Comments