Food Coma

For the last several years I've been so wrapped up in the Quilters' Quest Shop Hop that I had hardly any time to think about what to cook for Thanksgiving or have the energy to go grocery shopping and prep work. This year I'm so excited for my menu that I've spent the last two weeks planning and figuring out the timeline for prep so that I'm not spending the entire day in the kitchen instead I'll have time to hit my sewing room and play.

2018 KA & A Thanksgiving Fest
The turkey is in the fridge thawing out, I'll take fresh rosemary, thyme, and sage and blend with butter and stuff under the skin, I'll also cut up a few onions and oranges for the cavity of the bird. Wednesday afternoon I'll make the cake and chop all the veggies and fruit for the salad & dressing. The potatoes I'll make last, I like them fresh from being smashed and mixed with butter, cream cheese and half & half. 

All of this planning will allow me some bonding time with the sewing machine. I have a new table runner I want to make along with a pillow for my front porch. I can't figure out what I'm more excited for, the fest or the sewing.

Do you have a favorite, must have, side dish for your Thanksgiving dinner?

Until Next Time
Be Kind

Kelly Ann

Comments

  1. This is exciting! Your meal sounds amazing! Glad you will get to play & relax ... have a super blessed day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment