Quilt Market - Schoolhouse Day

image courtesy Susan 


Schoolhouse day is full of listening to some of the industry leaders tell us all about their newest latest must have's for our stores...this year was so different than previous years. We sat and listened to vendor after vendor telling us how to make the customers experience better...how to reach the customer...how to educate the customer...needless to say I took a bunch of notes and am excited to see how I bring these new ideas back to the shop.

A quick sandwich between sessions and by 3:45 I was done. The brain was full...
image courtesy freepik.com

While everyone else was finishing up the schoolhouse sessions that end at 6pm or setting up their booths, Penni and I headed to the Stir Lounge for an afternoon adult beverage.


A Kelly Ann's Cucumber cocktail and Penni's margarita. I explained to the bartender what I wanted, and she made the most amazing drink, so this weekend it will be called the Kelly Ann's.

Sample Spree starts at 7pm, the line to get in is ridiculous, by 7:10 you can stroll in and don't really miss out on much. We took a spin around the aisle, and I purchased a few new patterns for the shop and then I was done for the night.

Penni, Amy and I took an Uber/Lyft car, they all drive for both companies in Portland (who knew), back to the house, and the others followed in another car.

Being in a city, it's not too hard to find dinner at 9pm...we walked a few blocks and found Muu-Muu's Bar which has a great menu and funky interior.

picture courtesy Penni

Back home and in bed by 11...a full day of market floor today and seeing what's new out there..that is what is on the agenda and hopefully get some pictures. Pop over to Instagram and follow me throughout the day.

Until Next Time
Be Kind

Kelly Ann

#2018QuiltMarket

Comments