April...Where did you go? Part 1

WOW...how many posts have I made that started with ... Time sure does fly ...

Spring never really came, we've gone from winter directly to summer as far as temperatures are concerned. Our front yard is just now in bloom with the azaleas, and I'm ready to put in my veggie plants, which will wait till I get back from Market.

April 1st is Andrew's birthday, so we heading to Washington DC with our friends Scott & Leslee to see the cherry blooms and have dinner in Georgetown.



The blossoms weren't at peak, but they were still beautiful, and the dinner at Filomena was terrific. If you ever want an amazing Italian dinner head to Filomena's with an empty belly, TO DIE FOR!

On April 8th we went to our first Washington Nationals (GO NATS) game of the season..it was a wet and soggy game, and we lost after 12 innings, but the seats and company were amazing.

By mid-month we headed to North Carolina for a celebration of my brother's life ... the people that came really showed that he had a life well lived.
 His friend Danny brought this life-size cutout of Jimmy, he would have loved the party. Don't you find that a celebration of life or funerals always turns in to mini-family reunions? This one was no exception...

By the end of the month, I was headed to Smith Mountain Lake where I did some vending at VCQ's Celebration retreat.




April also found me loading up the website with new books, patterns, and kits.







BUT wait..there's more...(this is what happens when you only blog once a month)

Kelly Ann's Quilting was selected as Rookie Store of the Year with Accuquilt ~ that is pretty stinking cool, don't ya think?

Okay...as I was going through my pictures for this post, I came across a bunch of quilt pictures that I wanted to share, and this post was getting pretty long...so...I'll get to work on part 2 soon and hopefully catch up with my post before I head to Portland and spring market.

Until Next Time
Be Kind

Kelly Ann



Comments