Life: Slow Down to Slow Stitch

Do you ever say to yourself, where did the day go? Does time really fly or do we try and cram too much into our days..or is it because our days are so routine that we don't notice the day to day events so they don't stick in our brains.

I was chatting with my mom the other day and who, by the way, is 81 and goes to the gym three days a week, and she says the same thing .. where does the time go?

I think each day is filled with what we call "day to day" routine that by just going through the motions the day whizzes by and before we know it the week is gone and we're left to wondering "where did the day go?"

So what is the solution?

I read a blog a few weeks ago where the person said she started each day with a little sewing while waiting for her coffee to brew...I had to give a little giggle...my eyes aren't open that early, I would end up reverse sewing when I was fully awake. But I've been giving this bloggers idea some thought..maybe I won't start my day by doing a little sewing but end it with some slow stitching.

We spend a lot of time in our back porch in the summer, watching baseball or movies at night. So yesterday I put some slow stitch work together and now I'll can grab it and head out to the porch and spend a few hours stitching.


I'm pretty excited to get a few things done this summer....by slowing down..

So...how are you gonna slow down this summer and enjoy the time instead of watching it fly by? Let me know how you'll slow down the hands on the clock.

Until Next Time

Be Kind

Kelly Ann

Comments