Tasty 1.2

I started the great Sour Cream Pound Cake bake marathon Thursday night...the first cake I make is always so exciting, it fills the house with an amazing aroma and will make your toes curl. It's always hard to decide who gets the first cake...this year was Angie & Dave...I wonder what they thought of it?

Normally I don't make a cake for us until the very end and some years we don't actually get one to eat but this year I got a dozen duck eggs from my farmers market lady and had to give them a try, more on that in a bit. So I came home from work tonight and managed to get a cake in the oven before we sat down for our normal Saturday night ritual.

So what do you think?
 

I have to say..it is as tasty as it looks...I just wish computer screens had scratch & sniff...y'all would be in heaven!



A few tips on the cake. I don't sift the flour but fluff it with a spoon as I measure it out, add all the dry ingredients together while you are creaming the butter & sugar together. To the creamed butter/sugar add the eggs, one at a time just till blended, don't over mix or your cake will be chewy. Once I've added the sour cream after the eggs I add the flour mixture, last in the mix the vanilla. I do bake it in a bundt cake pan, not one of the fancy ones but one I borrowed from my mother 25 years ago...tall sides and is perfect for this cake..but I wonder..do you think my mother misses her pan? 

On the vanilla..I only..and I mean ONLY use Penzeys vanilla ... it is da bomb! 

Duck Eggs...the yokes are richer in color and the whites are thicker so it made for a denser cake. The cake is still very tasty but I can tell a difference, so the rest of the cakes will be done with good old chicken eggs.

This recipe came from a dear friend, Robbie, and over the years of making it I think of her often and wonder if she is still making them or if she has passed the recipe down to her daughters.

So there you have it...give it a try and let me know what you think.

Until Next Time

Be Kind

Kelly Ann
#31dayblogwritingchallenge 

Comments

  1. I don't think your mom misses the pan one little bit. It's a great shape for the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment