Do you???

Do you bake for the holidays?

Over the next few days I'll be starting to bake...and by bake I mean I"ll be churing out about 10 to 15 sour pound cakes and they all need to be done before December 24th.  I've been making this recipe for over 20 years and giving them as gifts and I only make them at Christmas time...last year I only did 8...I have a little longer list this year so there will be double cake days happening shortly.

My friend Karen shared a recipe on her blog of one dough that will make seven cookies...so it looks like I'll be making cookies this coming weekend along with a few pound cakes.

Do you have a favorite cookie recipe you'd like to share with me? I've been on Pinterest looking for cookie recipes...cause ya know I have lots of time..lol

Okay...who's gonna share first???

Until Next Time

Be Kind

Kelly Ann
#31dayblogwritingchallenge

Comments

  1. PERSIMMON COOKIES

    1 cup persimmon pulp
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 cup butter or margarine
    1 egg

    Sift together:
    2 cups flour
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp cloves
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/2 tsp salt

    1 cup raisins
    1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

    Mix thoroughly the first four ingredients until creamy. Blend in egg. Mix well. Sift flour, spices. Add dry ingredients to those already blended then mix in raisins and nuts.
    Drop by spoonfuls on greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment