Market Update

I've been back from Market a few days and think I have finally caught up on my sleep. 
What a busy five days Portland was with little time to sit and catch up on the blog but I did
keep the pictures coming over on my Facebook page.

Market for me starts on Schoolhouse day, spending 7 hours traveling from mini-classroom to another
listening to fabric vendors, pattern designers, thread peeps, and so many more chat about
what's new and exciting for this market. This year the rooms were a bit packed so
I wasn't able to get many pictures...but I did snap this one of our peep Pat Sloan

I spent the next three days walking the floor and checking out all the new patterns and notions out there. Let me just say this...the pattern designers kicked it up a notch, lots of new and fun patterns out and so many of them either came home with me or are being shipped as I type. Here are just a few of the photos I took of some of the new goodies heading our way...
Atkinson Designs came out with lots of new patterns and they are all 
in the shop, yep brought these back with them and soon they will be on the website. 



Meg at Crabapple Hill Designs has done it again, don't know how much detail you can tell from
the nine-patch design but those are Christmas houses and YES it will be a block of the month.


Had the best time meeting and quickly becoming friends with Joan from Hummingbird Highway, what a hoot. Joan has the coolest ideas for cutting scraps...her books are on the way...



Another new designer for us, Kimberbell Designs. Twin sisters, one designs the other owns a quilt shop, the perfect team. We'll be offering their Christmas Block of the Week..yes I said WEEK. Lynne
is busy working on it and we'll be offering it as one of our Christmas in July events.




Peguin & Fish...Stinkin' Cute embroidery patterns...they are being shipped our way this week. Love that the you take the original designs and blow them up 400% and you end up with some of the cutest 
big pillows.


Isn't our Celine so stinkin' cute in her booth? Check out the latest new patterns from Perkins Dry Goods. I have a few kitting ideas for her patterns...so can't wait to work on the samples.




Susan loves to take half-yard cuts and turning them into some awesome quilts...yep you guessed it, can't wait to start cutting fabric off the bolt...


Check out the Swirly Girls booth...do ya love their new samples? How about that Grand Central? This is their new fabric line with Michael Miller, Delightful...and check out the patterns, Hugs & Kisses and Chain Reaction, yep they are in their new book. YES I've ordered the new line and we'll be kitting the Grand Central and Equal Rights.


I'm not sure if most of you know this but we are the Quilts of Honor East headquarters at KAQ. So I was super excited to see that Island Batiks has teamed up with several other companies and come out with a line of fabric, Quilt in Honor. I will be meeting with my sales rep today and YES I will be
ordering this line of fabric for the shop. See the eagle in the center quilt? The fabric actually has the words Honor throughout it...how awesome is this?

I have several more pictures to share, one of a stinkin' cool booth from our peep Ronene at Oh' My Bloomin' Threads and lots lots more...

so until next time..

Be Kind...

Kelly Ann

Comments

  1. Love the ideas and patterns you are going to have! Sew happy you do mail orders! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment