I'm BACK....

Can't believe that the last time I blogged was April 1st...yikes...
well...I'm back!

Tomorrow I leave for Spring Quilt Market in Portland Oregon




This year I decided to do some hand work on the plane besides the normal
hand embroidery that I always carry with me. Along with the embroidery I've decided to
take along some English Paper Piecing and Yo-Yo's.  

The EPP I've been cutting for
several days but decided today to precut some five inch squares for my yo-yo's so I 
went through my fat quarter stash and pulled out a bunch of 30's prints. To make
the job easy and quick I also pulled out my Deb Tucker - Tucker Trimmers. Normally you
use the Tucker Trimmers to square up half square triangles but y'all know that I'm 
really not that normal. The Tucker Trimmers are perfect rulers to cut your fabric into squares and
yes even strips. Check this out...

I'm using the Tucker Trimmer III and Tucker Trimmer I




Using the Tucker Trimmer III to cut 10" squares or part of a layer cake, I simply trim up the side 
and using the 10" line I sliced off 10" square, 5" square and 2 1/2" strip


Using the Tucker Trimmer I ... I subcut the 5" strip into 5" charms.

I swear by all sizes of the Tucker Trimmers to square up my half square triangles but
to get more out of this ruler I use them to cut my squares, super easy and quick. One side
has whole sizes the other side half on the Tucker Trimmer I and III and the quarter and three-quarter
on the Tucker Trimmer II.

Now that I have my squares ready for my yo-yos I'll be gather all my supplies and packing
for five busy days in Portland. My goal is to blog daily while there but if not you will see
me posting on my Facebook page.

Comments