Thursday, November 1, 2012

Quilt Market Update...

As most of you know I had full intentions of posting
everyday of Quilt Market...well a little thing called Hurricane Sandy got 
in the way.  Flying out on Thursday I was full of hope and
excitement, wondering what I would see, hear, touch...but the conversation 
in the car on the way to the airport went something like this..."if it gets bad we'll rebook your flight".

I woke up early Friday morning in Houston ready to take the short walk
over to the convention center to add my extra seminars to my schedule but
before that I turned on the TV and it became clear that Hurricane Sandy was heading
towards the east coast and looked like our area might be in for a rough time.  
I picked up the phone right then and there and changed my ticket, so instead
of returning Monday night I was now coming home on Sunday night.  I would miss
the last, and my favorite, day of market but I could get home before the storm hit. 

Friday is our Schoolhouse Day...spending seven hours moving from room to
room...seeing...learning...and laughing.  Lots of crowded hallways, people chatting
and reconnecting, it's pretty intense but I enjoy it and always come back home
with some cool ideas.

I had planned my Saturday to walk the floor and check out the vendors and go
back on Sunday and order the new cool stuff.  So I high tailed it off
to the convention center and started right away.  Making notes on my iPad to
make sure I went back and ordered the cute scissors and needles from Scarlet Thread,
new stinkin cute patterns from Oh My Bloomin' Threads and hit a few book
signings....all of these were on my list and I knew I had time on Sunday to get it all done...but
it was not meant to be. After a fun dinner out with The Swirly Girls and a fun meet
up with the Modern Quilt Guild I checked my phone only to see it loaded down
with text and voice message from Andrew...the weather was coming in quick and
my flight was changed instead of heading out 
Sunday night I was departing first thing Sunday morning.

So my three days on the market floor changed to two days then down
to one..but ya know as disappointed as I was about that I was
glad that we made the decision to come home early.  My 
little inconvenience is nothing compared to what
the people up and down the coast line are experiencing.  I have
friends that managed to get flights out Wednesday, flying home
to New Jersey, New York and New Hampshire...they've all
made it home safe and sound.

So...I will be sitting down with my Market book, checking
websites and calling in orders...the new goodies will
start arriving and it'll feel like Christmas...

Speaking of Christmas...53 days away...
are you ready?

Until Next Time
Be Kinda

Kelly Ann


  1. I need to be at home sewing, not sitting here at work. Starting (hopefully this weekend) on some aprons my mother wanted me to make for everyone for Christmas this year...those will get done first, and will probably be the gift that's remembered for years to come. Have a great day!

  2. glad you made it home safely


Busy Sunday

Yesterday on Facebook I added a list of things I had planned to do for the day ~ 1. Drive to Shenandoah National Park and take a hik...