Wooly Sunday Quilt Market

I know the last post title was Friday Quilt Market and normally there's a day between Friday and Sunday called Saturday but for the life of me I can't remember what happened to my Saturday post.  Lots of fun today and lots of hard work.

First thing this morning bright and early we went on a wool booth hop...OMG..you should see some of the wools out there...what was that?  you want to see wools...well hang on to your hat cause we'll be bringing in some wools that will knock your socks off.  Our first stop was Mary Flanagan Wools , as you can tell by the picture that her wools are amazing, the colors and textures, I just wanted to grab arm full of those luscious colors and run, but I didn't.   Next up was Woolylady the colors were so vivid and her bright color samples and kits would knock your socks off.  Primitive Gatherings was our last stop and if you are a fan of primitive quilting then this stop would surly have knocked your socks off.

Now before you think that I'm bringing back bolts of wool...nope, doesn't work that way.  All of these wools start off as plain white wool, some from Australia, some from the United States and some a mix of all over.  Each of these three wooly people take this plain white wool, cut themselves a yard off their bolts, yes a yard of 36x54 inches, then start the dying process, once the process is done they end up with about 30x50 inch yard, they've done the felting process for us.  What you'll be seeing at the store is small and medium size pieces which you'll have a blast doing some fun applique or maybe even some stinkin' cute wool pincushions. 

There was alot more that happened on Sunday but I thought I would let you ponder the wools for awhile and I'm so interested in hearing which wool you think I might be bringing back...cause I just might fool ya...

I have a great celebrity post to do, some great conversations with some creative people to share and I haven't even touched on all the other cool stuff I've seen at market...
so until the next post...
let this song keep playing in your head...
Kelly Ann

Comments

  1. I hope you bring back some of each! They are all similar yet different. I'm hoping you got to see Traci too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment