Market ReCap #1

It's really hard to believe that it was a week ago that I was flying out to Houston...we really packed alot into those five days. 

Thursday as we were checking into our hotel, I hear this voice behind me...Kelly Ann..and who do I see...my friend Sharon...
Sharon has an online store... Daisy Cottage Quilting ... she was gonna be hanging at the hotel waiting for her/our friend NancyNoBlogs to show up... and they were gonna pack all of market into two days...silly girls...bet they stay longer next time...cause if the do then they'll be more meet ups...


Friday was a complete blur, we did our usual, racing from classroom to classroom, learning about some of the new goodies being introduced at this years Market.  This is where the celebrity sightings start, and a celebrity packed market it was.  Year after I year I give y'all a run down on who we saw and how very exciting it is to see the designers in our industry, well this year I'm standing in a doorway and this women walks up and wants to know who packed the room, so as I'm explaining to her that it was Keizer & Bender and Rich is up there standing on a chair getting everyone to yell "YES" (told you we had fun), it was then that I realized that I was chatting with Alex Anderson.  But the biggest celebrity of the weekend wasn't spotted till Saturday...

Saturday started like any normal quilt market Saturday...we walked the several blocks to the convention center, started in the middle of the isle and worked our way towards the outside, chatted with old and new friends, saw some stuff, had lunch...then it happened...commotion started to arise from the next row over...so I took a peak and look who I saw...

Yes that is Ty Pennington...THE Ty Pennington...in case you were wondering, he is as handsome in person as he is on TV and is very friendly, chatting and accommodating.  So I'm standing around stalking watching Ty when look who shows up...
Jon Hamm from Mad Men...WHAT..you're telling me that's not Jon Hamm, that this is Jon Hamm..
well looks like Jon Hamm to me...and they even convinced Ty they were from Mad Men...

what a great sport he was...actually the two impostors were from Michael Miller Fabrics, who just happened to be around the corner...and who else was around the corner you ask....
The Swirly Girls...

Susan and Christine were introducing their new "The Clubhouse" with Michael Miller Fabrics...and I'm so excited to say that we'll be having fun with The Clubhouse at KAQ.


When you signed up for The Clubhouse at Market and ordered your fabric you got to go into the Money Chamber...and go in people did...

if you'll take a close look you'll see someone from Kelly Ann's Quilting coming out with a ton of Swirly Cash in her hand...make sure you stop in the store and tell you saw her on the blog. 

Okay...that wraps up this re-cap...I'll leave you to enjoy this post before I continue forward...but make sure you check back cause there's more excitement to share....
so until then...
stay dry, stay warm and
have a Groovy Day...
Kelly Ann

Comments