Great Retreat

So did y'all miss me???  If you were wondering where I've been and what I've been up to well I'm gonna tell ya...I drove to Lovingston VA and stayed at the Orchard House Bed & Breakfast with some really great ladies.  There was Carol from Batiks Etcetera and Sew What Fabics, Cathy from Wish Upon a Quilt Joyce from Quilting Adventures Sue from Quilt Trends and me....so what do five shop owners do while on retreat...

We had a visitor... Deb from the Orchard House received Flat Stanley and he went on a quilting adventure and decided to visit us while we were actually sewing...in case you were wondering, Flat Stanley picked the Viking sewing machine to sew on...he told me he loved it! 

We did some sewing, some snacking and lots and lots of planning, organizing and giving each other plenty of support.  Lots of great ideas came from this retreat and we're all excited to get some events planned to share.  Two projects got done...Sue finished up her really cool bag (sorry it didn't make the picture) and Cathy got the binding on her quilt...that's Cathy's quilt we're holding up...now doesn't this look like a great group of ladies??

I'll leave you with one last picture of one really cool cat....
  Meet Callie...she had the prettiest face...but she thought she was a dog....I did ask Richard from Orchard House if she was a mouser...he said..."not so much"...I'm thinking she's pretty happy living in the country with her dog friend, a really nice golden named Lacy, her human parents and lots of yard to lay around in the sun in. 

Back to work for all of us...
The early spring heat has left and we're back to normal cool spring temperatures...perfect weather to start a summer quilt project...
Happy Quilting

Kelly Ann

Comments

  1. Sounds like a super retreat. Do you do this often? I love the use of Frolic in that quilt. My daughter and I stopped at Quilt Trends last week while on spring break in Columbus. Maybe next time we stop we will get to meet Sue too. I'll tell ya, that Flat Stanley really gets around:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment