Stabbing things

 So...

I've been taking this...

Sashiko Needle Sampler


and this...

Wonderfil Perle Cotton

and with lots of stabbing....made this...

Sashiko Samplers


I had totally forgotten how much I enjoyed stitching at night...just stitching for me. For 15 years all of my stitching was done for my business, and while I enjoyed it, it was always under pressure to get it done. 

I've stitched for as long as I can remember, mostly cross-stitching starting at a very young age. I picked up hand embroidery while running the shop and added wool applique when I moved my business online. I enjoy both the embroidery and applique but not since I stopped cross-stitching have I've enjoyed stitching more than I do with my Sashiko. 

Sashiko from Wikipedia: 
"Sashiko (刺し子, lit. "little stabs") is a type of traditional Japanese embroidery or stitching used for the decorative and/or functional reinforcement of cloth and clothing. Owing to the relatively cheap nature of white cotton thread and the abundant nature of cheap, indigo-dyed blue cloth in historical Japan, sashiko has a distinctive appearance of white-on-blue embroidery, though some decorative pieces may also use red thread."

I'm not an expert, but I do love it, and I will continue to watch videos and reading what I can to learn. I welcome you to follow along on this "stabbing" journey to see where it leads me!

Until Next Time

Stab Things!









Comments