Cup of Joe

Have you ever wondered where "cup of joe" came from in referring to a cup of coffee? Well, I did so I went to trusty Google and asked...omg...there are a few different definitions, but the one I like is this...

You can read more from Wonderopolis

I stopped drinking coffee a few years ago, I know what is running through your minds right now...WHAT...but between the acid in coffee not agreeing with me and taste buds changing I wasn't enjoying it. I would have the occasional Starbucks, but I would have to order something with lots of sugar and cream, or I couldn't stomach the bitterness of the coffee. 

But...

All of that changed when we went to Miami before our cruise in October, I was introduced to Cafe' Con leche, WOW, tasty, rich coffee with scaled milk, and I would add sugar. Low and behold, we got on the cruise ship, and there was a little coffee window buried on the ship that served a few specialty coffees. They made Cafe' Con leche using Cafe Bustelo, you can find it in your local grocery store or order directly from the company.

Cafe Bustelo

I came home, and because I don't have a way to steam my milk for my Cafe Con leche, the Cafe Bustelo is a little too strong, so I turned to Seattle's Best Henry's Blend. It's a beautiful smooth Dark Roast, not too bitter and not too strong, and so far, the acid isn't killing me. The only problem with me and Henry's Blend is that I have to travel from grocery to grocery store in search of it locally but find it I do and enjoy a cup every morning.

Henry's Blend

I do have a favorite mug...

I toss it in the microwave with water to heat the mug before I pour myself a cup; this helps keep my coffee hotter longer because while I'll drink iced coffee, I don't want a cup of cold coffee.

So this post that started off with me wanting to share my cute little mug that I've had for 20+ years turned into telling you my coffee saga...o'well now ya know...so bottoms up!

Until Next Time
Be Kind







Comments