Bird Watching

We moved into this house in 1998, and one of the first things we did was put up bird feeders. I think it's in my blood because my parents have always feed the birds...and the squirrels.

Our feeder stand is a 4x4 buried in the ground with four hooks for four feeders. We have two squirrel baffles...yes two...we have brilliant squirrels. But, we also have bears, and when you have bears, you either bring in your feeders nightly or don't put any out. Not having feeders wasn't an option, but I read that if you use platform feeders, bears will dump the seed but not destroy the feeder. So off to Tractor Supply Company to pick up a feeder.

3 in 1 Platform Feeder
It's been up a week, and I'm sitting here watching the birds have a daily buffet. In the last hour, I've seen both the male and female cardinals, tufted titmouse, juncos, wrens, mocking bird, bluejay, carolina chickadee, and a few different finches. I also pick up the birdseed at TSC, great selection, and affordable.

So...if you have bears in your neck of the woods and want to feed the birds, grab a platform feeder or two and enjoy the show!

Until Next Time
Be Kind



Comments