12 Days of Kindness with Elf

I was browsing twitter and came across this article from CNN on 12 Days of Holiday Kindness
At the end of the article, you can print off the above picture and check off your kindness list.

If you follow me on social media, you know that Kindness has been my "word of the year," and I try and embrace it daily, but sometimes it's hard to remember because people can be such Cottonheaded Ninnymuggins. I really try and not let these people bring me down, but it happens to all of us, and sometimes, you want to crawl back into a quilt fort and ignore the world. On Monday, I decided that I don't want to be part of the Cottonheaded Ninnymuggins group I wanted to be part of "Best Way to Spread Christmas Cheer is to Sing it Loud and Sing it Clear" group.

So I'm gonna add to the list above

  • When pushing your grocery cart to the corral, instead of pushing it in and walking away, straighten up the carts, it takes a minute, and it's all organized and neat.
  • Grab a few $20 Visa gift cards and hand them out to your favorite service people, cashiers, grocery cart guy, waitress, a small act of kindness.
  • Let someone go ahead of in your while waiting in line to checkout
  • SMILE - A LOT!
  • ^^that one again
  • Don't just walk away, wish them a good day, Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas...whatever salutation use it and use it with a smile.
  • Don't grump at the people closest to you. Holidays are stressful for everyone.
I'm sure there are more, but that should get us to the new year, and maybe if we all start adding a few random kindness acts, more people will smile, and maybe, just maybe, there will be less Cottonheaded Ninnymuggins in the world.

Until Next Time
Be Kind

Comments