Sunday Morning Musings

Sunday is breakfast day here on the back porch. I'm known as the "enemy of breakfast" by the other human that lives in the house.

Andrew loves breakfast food, I, on the other hand, could eat cold pizza or a meatloaf sandwich for breakfast.

When we lived in New Hampshire, we would go out to breakfast on either Saturday or Sunday mornings, there were so many places to chose from, and they were all delicious. We moved to Virginia, and the breakfast joints were few and far between, so I started making breakfast on Sundays.

Andrew likes scrambled eggs...me not so much. I like a good hardboiled egg or softboiled, but through the years I've come to realize that I am not really a fried egg gal. I love bacon and sausage, and bacon on toast breakfast sandwich suits me just fine.

Pancakes, I've tried numerous recipes through the years and FINALLY found one that is perfect every time I make them. They are called The Best Buttermilk Pancakes, and they really are.

This morning while Andrew took Bodhi for a walk I mixed up waffles, it's best to let the recipe I use set for a bit to let the air pockets settle, so it was perfect, I mixed, and they walked early to escape the heat. So many waffle recipes insist on having you separate the eggs and whip the whites till frothy...that is poppycock...you do want to take the eggs and mix them for a while to get some froth before adding the dry ingredients. I follow this recipe, Homemade Waffle Recipe, I use my stand mixer and crack the eggs in the bowl and let the mixer do the work while I gather and mix the rest of the ingredients, this gives enough time for the frothing to work. I learned to like waffles with peanut butter from my friend, Susan, and sometimes I'll use real maple syrup, no fake crap, that stuff is just bad for you.

So there is my Sunday morning...some retail therapy is on the agenda today while Andrew and his pal, Neal, head off in search of beer nirvana.

Until Next Time
Be Kind




Comments