We had a little discussion about doing a challenge, I said I was in...she said: "I love you best because you are an Earth Warrior." This made me smile...and then it got me to thinking...how can we all be earth warriors? What difference can we make on this planet we call home?
When driving the roads of Virginia, I'm always amazed at the trash along the way. Watching people throw trash out the window, don't even get me started on cigarettes being thrown out the window. So this challenge discussion with Nanette got me to thinking where I could begin to on helping mother earth. This is what I've come up with
- Get a trash picker upper and start keeping the road in front of our house clean of trash, and maybe even adopt a road area to clean up
- Carry gloves in my car, so I can pick up trash in parks as I go for a walk, you can't believe the garbage I see at the WARF in town or along the Greenway.
- Stop using plastic straws, carry my personal straw with them when I need one, or, better yet, stop using straws altogether.
- Do away with single-use plastic wrap.
- Use my own water bottle, which I do 95% of the time, need to get that other 5% under control.
are you going to join the challenge and become an Earth Warrior
Can you spread this to your friends, make this challenge go viral?
As I said to Nanette - it takes a village, to make a town, to make a city, to make a state, to make a country to protect our planet.
Are you in?
Until Next Time