Post Holiday Update

It's been 6 days since my last post, and that is for a good reason. I closed my laptop and spent time with family and good friends, and to me, that was more important than keeping up with the blog challenge.

I kept the phone face down so not a lot of pictures, but I did manage to snap a few and share a few of those that did get some.

Christmas Cookies by Angie's sister

Christmas Eve dinner table

Me & Mom


Chris & Shiona, Isaac, Hailee, Kaehlia


Angie, sister from an another mother

 We did Christmas Eve with my nephew and his family at my SIL's house, she was in Florida with her sister. This was the first anniversary of my brother's death, Angie hosted our Christmas Eve dinner and games, and it was a fun time spent with family. While we were sad at missing my brother his friends did something that was perfect...

They brought the cut out of him in his top hat and tux to his house Christmas afternoon and toasted him, they could not have remembered him in any better fashion.

Christmas Day we spent time with my sister from another mother, Colleen and her husband, Larry. We've been friends for almost 35 years, and just spending the day with them, Andrew and mom, was the perfect way to cap off the holiday. Larry's brother and sister-in-law joined us for dinner, it was fun having a full table of friends and family.

We did gifts, and again, I left my phone turned over, so no pictures. I gave mom this black & white quilt, she snapped a picture once she got home.


Mom's Quilt
I sent this quilt to my mother-in-law in Chicago, she lives in an assisted living facility, and she called to tell me it brightens up her little place.

Mother-in-law with her quilt
We got back on the road December 26 to head home, our pups were happy to be home and to see us.




Well...it's the week between Christmas and New Years, and that can only mean one thing in retail...inventory! We did all of the small stuff but that leaves fabric, so for the next three days we're holding a finish the bolt sale, 25% off, skinny or fat the bolts need to go.

Until Next Time
Be Kind




A family selfie


Comments