Quilt Market - Travel Day

Spring Quilt Market changes cities every year, I love it when it's in Pittsburg, but this year is another "P" city Portland.

Most of my friends are flying out today, but I flew into Seattle last night and will drive down to Portland with Susan of Swirly Girls Design. ROAD TRIP

I always start off my trips to a visit to the airport Starbucks.




 I've been on a cold brew kick at home using the Premier Protein for my sweetener and cream. My friend Maddie posted about it on Facebook, and because I've been trying to cut down on my sugar intake and can't drink hot coffee in the morning anymore I thought, why not??? O.M.Geeeeeee
I use the Stok Un-Sweet Cold Brew and vanilla Premier Protein ... did I say OMGeeeee yet???
I have to watch how much caffeine I drink daily, but if I didn't, I'm pretty sure this would replace everything I drink. The Stok is located in the grocery store by the cold juices, and the Premier Protein is normally in the section by the beauty aids (odd place, right). 

Okay, back to the travel day...
 

My first selfie of the trip...I had a long wait at the airport. 
We've had storms in the area, and I didn't want to get caught on the ground, all around me flights heading north were canceled. So I amused myself with people watching, chatting with friends and some light reading.

The Spring Quilt Sampler arrived just before I left, so it made for perfect airport reading.

We started boarding at 5:20...still keeping my fingers crossed we get off on time and ahead of the storms. We pushed off and sat in a holding box behind 20 other planes..yes Dulles is a very airport. Our plane had a problem with it's APU (I looked it up for you here) so no cooling on the ground, the engines needed to be running full out to get the a/c working..thanks to ATC for letting us cut the line and get off the ground. We got the a/c going and got out ahead of the storms.

I watched some TV on the plane and did some wool work.

Just need to add Welcome to the center and back it.

I normally sleep on the plane but between stitching, watching TV and reading a trade magazine I kept pretty busy, and the flight flew by...get it...flew by...LOL

We started to descend so I took a look out the window and this is what I saw.


These pictures don't do it justice. The sun was setting, and the mountain range was beautiful.

Landed and waited forever for my luggage then headed to the airport to get some sleep.

And

Now here I am. Susan and her sister will pick me up, and we'll get breakfast and then the car for the ride down to Portland.


Until Next Time
Be Kind

Kelly Ann
#QuiltMarket2018


Comments